Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

Sorry I took so long to share about Sarah's birthday. May is just birthday month around here. I was also wanted to get a picture of her cake up, and hadn't gotten around to it. So here it is...


Our good friend Deanna has, after 15+ years working for a supermarket bakery, gone into business for herself. Three weeks ago. So I asked her to make a cake. Isn't it awesome? Very "Ace of Cakes".

I chose Eclipse for two reasons: 1, it is one of Sarah's favorite book series (behind Harry Potter.) And 2, since Eclipse the movie comes out on the 30th of this month, I thought it would be fun to take her to see the midnight show. When I went to purchase the tickets, however, I discovered that one of our local theaters was doing a triple feature of all the Twilight movies. So of course we're doing them all, ending with the 12:01 showing of Eclipse.

Happy Birthday to my grown up girl!

3 comments:

Anneke said...

She sure has one awesome Mother. Sounds like a ton of fun.

Paige said...

That's an awesome cake!
Sounds like a perfect birthday present.
Our theater is doing that too but I'm not going to venture to it.

Bentley +1 said...

I love the cake! Is the ribbon just ribbon, or is it something else? Looks to good to eat. :) Happy Birthday from us!