Friday, May 28, 2010

Road Trip!



Just a little one. We're headed to Oak City (a thriving metropolis outside of Delta of maybe 400 people, with a resident deer herd) for my neice's baptism and a family get together. I'm looking at this 2 1/2 hour drive as a test to see how well my family will do in a month when we head to CA for a week and a half.




I'm also looking forward to the small town feel for a couple of days. I enjoy the convenience of city/suburb living, most days. But I'll always have a soft spot for Kearny, AZ, population about 900. A main street with no light, and if you didn't know to turn off the highway, you'd miss the town completely. We lived there for 3 years after Kendall graduated from the U, while he worked at the Ray mine as a metallurgical engineer. We learned a lot living there, including what it meant to be part of such a small community. To really get to know people, the lengths people go to get the job done. Good times.

No comments: