Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Better Part of Valor

To sing or not to sing...that is the question. I was asked to participate in the women's choir that is singing for stake conference, and because I sang in the choir for our stake Women's Conference, I was on the list.
Because I was called and asked, I couldn't say no. But now we have a dilemma: 5 kids, one parent. Last year it would have been a no brainer, with Benji still nursing. This year, though he's past that stage, he's moved into the refuse-to-sit-still-on-pain-of-death stage. And you add Meri and Andrew to the mix, and it becomes a full blown juggling act for 2 hours.
And have you ever noticed that the kids who can't tell time can last 1 hour and 10 minutes exactly before they start going nuts in Sacrament Meeting? The 2 hours of Stake conference is a study in early childhood insanity!
So do I let my poor husband do this on his own (with Sarah's help, of course) or do I quit to keep our added chaos to a minimum? What whould you do?

No comments: