Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And Then There was life....

I don't know about you, but some days life is so full of challenges and craziness, but you've been there, done that a million times before. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, and I'm beginning to recognize the patterns in life: the ups and downs of good days and bad.

Example: shortly after my last post, our dryer died a screeching, smoking, horrible death that scared the bajeebers out of me, as it commenced screaming as I began a load. We had about a month of no dryer, because of various and tedious details I won't blog about. Let's just say that we spent that month getting whacked in the head by semi-damp, stiff clothes as they hung in the unfinished basement from water pipes.
A week ago we finally got a fancy new pair of appliances, front loading Bosch's (thanks Mike!). In SILVER, even. Very nice, does everything I ask it to with nary a complaint. Heaven.

My point, however, is that it didn't even occur to me that this might be something to share with the blogosphere, simply because it's part of the natural ebb and flow of life. Some good days, some bad days, and some days that are a twisty cone of both.

No wisdom, here, merely observation.

P.S. If you're interested, I participated in the Utah Children's Writers blog activity, "30 Days, 30 Stories". Today is my day, and I have it posted over there if you're interested in reading the first 900 words of my current young adult novel in the works, "Dragon's Bridge".

2 comments:

Tina said...

Great story! I loved it! Is it part of one of the stories you are writing? Or a new one?

Unknown said...

It is the first few pages. I've got a few chapters done, after finishing the outline-type thing I've been working on. Maybe someday I'll finish it, lol.