Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cold Stone Concoctions


I've always been a fan of Cold Stone Creamery. I love the idea of being able to put together flavors that no one else has ever thought of and have it be really nummy. We don't go often, but when we do, Kendall always complains that I make much better concoctions and then eats half of it.

So after going to see Hello, Dolly! at Hale Center Theatre last night, we stopped at Cold Stone. After tasting my experiment, he said, "You need to blog about flavor combinations, and say things like 'It finished with the deep flavor of oak.'"

He was kidding about oak, but not about the blog. So here is last night's nirvana (and I wish I had taken a picture): Oatmeal cookie batter ice cream, raspberries, and Twix. Fresh raspberries add tartness, the caramel is smooth and chewy as it cools, and the cookie base and milk chocolate bring a satisfying crunch and creamy finish. The oatmeal cookie ice cream also gives it a nice roundness of flavor, rich and buttery, with some cinammon to add a final dimension.

I would also recommend Oatmeal cookie batter ice cream, raspberries, Nilla wafers, and white chocolate chips. It would taste like the fabulously indulgent white chocolate raspberry brownies that my mom makes from Aunt Deb's recipe. (Thanks, Aunt Deb!)

So there's your Coldstone recommendation for the week. If I made your mind work and your mouth water, go indulge your craving with this recipe. It's on the house.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ice cream is the best! I'm sure it will be in heaven where we can come up with zillions of different concoctions. Well, at least that's heaven to me!