Friday, August 13, 2010

Superstitions

I used to be superstitious when I was little. I don't know why, but it played big into my growing up. And then I grew up, and realized it had more to do with my perception of reality than reality itself.

And then I saw/read The DaVinci Code, and the whole discussion about why Friday the 13th was a day of bad luck. So I really didn't believe in that anymore.

But today is Friday the 13th. And it's Kendall's last day of work, and there's still nothing on the horizon--not even an interview yet.

So even though I'd outgrown it...it niggles in the back of my mind still, a little voice wondering if this is a bad omen.

5 comments:

Merci said...

Maybe it isn't a bad omen, hopefully it is really the beginning of unknown joy and Friday the 13th is actually your lucky day! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Merc...I needed that. :)

Bentley +1 said...

It's Benton's birthday, so it can't be bad luck! And I agree with Merci. Good things are coming your family's way, you just don't know what they are yet.

Paige said...

I didn't know about the job. That is scary news. But I'll agree with my cousins and say there are good things to come despite that date!

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=965a6a4430c0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

AJ said...

Megs, JAWS has come to get ye! http://ajandcharli.blogspot.com/2010/08/dinner-dancing-with-jaws.html