Sunday, February 21, 2010

Okay, That Wasn't So Bad...

So my current calling is Ward Choir Director. I know. Crazy, huh? I think I about fainted when they called me. And it's been challenging in ways I can't even begin to express.
But...what I wanted to share was one of the joys I get out of the calling. Choosing beautiful music to sing. Now we have a fabulous ward choir. Tons and tons of talent, which makes it easy on the ears.
So I just chose a pair of great pieces to sing for Easter: a great arrangement of "Chirst the Lord is Risen", by David Zabriskie, and Gethsemane, from Sally DeFord's Easter cantata, I Stand All Amazed.
If you're interested, click on the link and listen to this version of Gethsemane. Try any of solo versions. But because it's a solo version, so you won't be able to hear the amazingness of our ward choir, but the emotion behind this is breathtaking.

2 comments:

Bentley +1 said...

You should help out our ward choir. We only have one man and six women.

Unknown said...

It's only because the choir members in my ward are awesome. If it were left up to me, I don't know that there'd be a ward choir.