Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life, burnout, and happiness

Well, no one is sick. That is happiness.

My glasses got broken. I am sick (burned out) of small children not respecting things that don't belong to them. (But when three out of your five kids are still in the toddler stage of "If I see it or want it, it's mine", what can a mom expect?)

Peter moved back to Layton Elementary, out of the Spectrum program. He was burned out (and so was I) of the homework and stress that came when he didn't do it and I had to ride him to get stuff done. He had been happier the past three days since the move than I have seen him all year. That is happiness.

Laundry Burnout. 'Nuff said.

We've changed our lifestyle to be healthier. Kendall and I have each lost 20 pounds. That is happiness!!!

Andrew had stopped having major meltdowns three times a day. That is happiness.
He had one the first day of primary and I had to drag him out screaming. Burnout.

Benji is a monkey with no sense of fear. I am burned out of finding laundry baskets, garbage cans, and the ottoman used as a stool so he can climb onto counters or get into the pantry shelves.

I don't think I'm cut out to be a parent of teenagers, tweens, or four year olds talking like their teenage sister. Burnout.

I actually got an entire plot line written down for my novel series. A road map, finally! That is happiness.

So, if you weigh the burnout vs. happiness, I guess life isn't so bad. Besides, I actually got a full night's sleep last night. There's nothing happier than that!

1 comment:

Merci said...

Sounds like your happinesses are very happy!! 20 pounds is amazing!!!!!!! Good luck with everything else, 4 year old tween and all.